Wednesday, July 09, 2008
New Projects (Because I Have SO Much Time!)Still trudging away on the work front - I got some positive feedback from the higher-ups that they've noticed my increased efforts, so hopefully I'll be able to rebuild some goodwill over the next few months and leave on a higher note. (And in case you're keeping track, like I am, I've got a maximum of 20 more weeks, including this one).
In baby news, there isn't much - I had another appointment this morning, and everything is moving along well. I've actually gained exactly 0 pounds over the last month - so all of the ice cream I have been having for dessert hasn't hurt me any! The doctor isn't worried, though, since I'm still in the nice and normal ranges for everything.
But perhaps now that my stomach is starting to poke out a bit, things are seeming more "real" to me - I spent much of the holiday weekend on my new crafting project - turning these old sheets for a full-sized bed we no longer own...
... into crib sets! I've made one bumper so far, and will be making a matching crib sheet soon. I should be able to make 3 bumpers with matching crib sheets for under $50, and that was only because I really wanted to use some coordinating fabric on the bumpers rather than keep everything all solid. I may double up on all of the crib sheets - I certainly have plenty of fabric left over!
I had LOTS of help during the sewing process - Abby supervised from her super-delux featherbed doggy bed (also recycled from the full-sized bed we no longer have!)
And then she helped me cut out the fabric pieces by making sure that the floor was nice and flat for me. What a helpful doggy! You can kind of see one of the completed bumpers in the background - I was going to lay it out and take a proper picture, but my floor space seemed to be rather limited!
Oh, and I did remember to take a picture of the crazy dusting mitt I made for my mom - it looks so strange! I basically made a thumbless mitten, and put a row of k1-p1 every 4 rows or so. I used a 3 needle bind-off for the top, and then went back and hooked a 2" piece of yarn into each purl stitch with a crochet hook. It seemed to be exactly what my mom was looking for - hopefully it'll work well!
0 comments || #